intermediate course in honey bee management
time & location
about the course
This class is designed for participants who have taken the Bee-Ginner Course at Pound Ridge Organics or who have had some prior experience with bees. It is assumed that each participant currently has bees or is expecting delivery soon. The model for the course is for all of us to travel and over time visit the hives of all group members. The instructor will offer support at each visitation and each participant will have the opportunity to gain from observing different circumstances. We will expect to visit more than one hive per class session, so some driving is expected.
Each class member will have the chance to acquire another level of beekeeping skills, such as recognizing signs of swarming, understanding pest control options and assessing resources.
Class will meet Sundays at 10 am unless otherwise announced.
April 25, 10 am
May 9, 10 am
June 13, 10 am
July 11, 10 am
Aug. 15, 10 am
Sept. 19, 10 am
Oct. 17, 10 am
- deposit $55 due to hold spot
- balance $385 due on or before first class
- sign-up on registration page
- pay deposit to hold your spot (cash, check, zelle or venmo)
- cash: pay in person at the market
- check: made out to 'Pound Ridge Organics' brought in person to the market mailed to: Pound Ridge Organics 22 Westchester Avenue Pound Ridge NY 10576
- zelle: email@example.com or (914) 224-3138
- venmo: @poundridgeorganics (orange rooster icon - last four of cell xxx3138
since materials will be purchased in advance, the $55 deposit is non-refundable • all additional equipment needed for class will be available on-sight • in case of inclement weather, teacher will use his discretion to set up a zoom class, choose a make-up date or cover missed material in one of the following classes.
- intermediate class deposit$55$550$0