bee-ginner course : morning session - group-a
time & location
about the course
This seven session course is geared toward new beekeepers and people interested in keeping bees in the near future. It aims to teach new beekeepers basic skills. We will focus on basic equipment, sound beekeeping strategies, pest control, feeding, bee anatomy and development, troubleshooting, and honey extraction. We will also discuss honey bee communication and roles of bees within the hive. Participants will be instructed at an outdoor hive, weather permitting. Protective gear is required. Classes will to a large extent feature a hive inspection and address seasonal questions and concerns.
There will be two sections of Bee-Ginners. Group A will meet at 10 am. Group B will meet at 12:30 pm
All classes will be on Sundays unless otherwise announced.
- March 28 This session will be at 10 am and will occur live on zoom (with a very special guest). The focus will be to demonstrate and discuss assembling equipment. People expecting delivery of bees in mid-April should be putting together their equipment by around this time. Spring is busy at bee warehouse suppliers. Best to order early.
- April 17 Note that this is Saturday at 12:30 pm. This session may be a package bee delivery day. If so, We will transfer bees from shipping package to the teaching hive. If bees have not arrived yet, proper methods of transfer will be covered. We will try to time this class for the Saturday the package bees arrive. This class may be postponed until the following Saturday if the bees are late arriving.
- May 16, Group A 10 am
- June 20, Group A 10 am
- July 25, Group A 10 am
- Aug. 22, Group A 10 am
- Sept. 12, Group A 10 am
- Oct. 10, Group A 10 am
- deposit $55 due to hold spot
- balance $385 due on or before first class
- sign-up on registration page
- pay deposit to hold your spot (cash, check, zelle or venmo)
- cash: pay in person at the market
- check: made out to 'Pound Ridge Organics' brought in person to the market mailed to: Pound Ridge Organics 22 Westchester Avenue Pound Ridge NY 10576
- zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 224-3138
- venmo: @poundridgeorganics (orange rooster icon - last four of cell xxx3138
since materials will be purchased in advance, the $55 deposit is non-refundable • all additional equipment needed for class will be available on-sight • in case of inclement weather, teacher will use his discretion to set up a zoom class, choose a make-up date or cover missed material in one of the following classes.
- bee-ginner class : Group-A$55$550$0