Sun, May 15|
Bee-Ginner Bee-Keeping With Andrew Hatt
If you appreciate honeybees and their value to the environment and our food system - you won't want to miss this course. Participants gain enough knowledge and experience to start their own apiaries at home.
time & location
May 15, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Pound Ridge, 22 Westchester Ave, Pound Ridge, NY 10576, USA
about the course
about the course:
This seven session course is geared toward new beekeepers and those interested in keeping bees in the near future. It aims to teach new beekeepers basic skills. We will focus on basic equipment, sound beekeeping strategies, pest control, feeding, bee anatomy and development, troubleshooting, and honey extraction. We will also discuss honey bee communication and roles of bees within the hive. Participants will be instructed at an outdoor hive, weather permitting. Protective gear is required. Classes will to a large extent feature a hive inspection and address seasonal questions and concerns.
All classes will be on Sundays from 10:00 am - 11:30 am unless otherwise announced.
- April 24
- May 15
- June 5
- July 10
- August 7
- September 11
- October 2
$475 per adult, Family discount is available
- sign-up on registration page
- payment instructions are below
- tuition must be paid in full to hold your place
- space is limited
- cash: pay in person at the market
- check: made out to 'Pound Ridge Organics' brought in person to the market or mailed to: Pound Ridge Organics 22 Westchester Avenue Pound Ridge NY 10576
- zelle: name: Donna Simons • email: firstname.lastname@example.org • mobile: (914) 224-3138
you may purchase your own hats, gloves and veils or we can arrange it for you • all additional equipment needed for class will be available on-sight • in case of inclement weather, teacher will use his discretion to set up a zoom class, choose a make-up date or cover missed material in one of the following classes.